Wednesday, March 28, 2007

First Post

Well I've seen other runners use a blog to discuss/log there training...

I used to be a runner. Not that long ago. It all crashed down the week of January 7th, 2007. I was training for the Boston marathon on April 16th, 2007. I had qualified by running the New York City Marathon on November 5th, 2006 in 3:06.

The week of 1/7/07, I was trying to do my most miles ever (72 miles in a week). I had just gotten over a stomach virus from 12/29/06 to 12/31/06, so my miles for the week of 12/31/06 was lower than expected, so I wanted to bump up the mileage for the week of 1/7/07. It started out good with a 17 miler on 1/7, but on 1/8 felt like I was coming down with a cold. However, by Tues 1/9 felt OK and did a 15 miler with 7 0.6 mile hill repeats tossed in for good measure. The evening of 1/9 had a little "anxiety attack" episode, but ran on Wed 1/10 (7 miles) and Thurs 1/11 (12.5 mile Tempo). The evening of 1/11 Thurs was coming down with a cold again. Did not run Fri 1/12, but when I got home that evening from work decided to run on the treadmill. This is when it all starts to fall apart.....

That evening did 5 miles on the TM. HR jumped quickly above where it normally would be. AVG HR for run was 151 and it got up to 160 by the end (at a pace that normally would be ~145. Ignored those signs. This run was a 9pm Fri. Then the next AM around 7am, decided to run 7 miles outside. HR again jumped up to 140s within 1st 1/4 mile. Complete run 7 miles @ 8:30/mpm with AVG HR ~143. Still a little high.

Decided to take Sunday/Monday off. Monday afternoon felt like I was coming down with a cough. Went to doctor, gave me antibiotics for a Upper Respiratory Infection, plus BP was high (150/94).

So took the rest of the week off, scheduled a physical for the next Monday (1/22) and kept the next week obsessing about my blood pressure, since I was told to monitor it. It varied from 148/86 to 128/80. All over the place (worrying about it probably gave me HBP).

Physical on Mon 1/22 came and everything got checked out, except for a blip on the EKG. Doctor suggests to see a cardiologist for 2nd opinion. Made an appointment for 1/26. However, doctor said running was OK. So tried to run on Tues 1/23 AM on treadmill. Got about 1.5 miles at slow 5.7mph pace. HR would get high very fast (mind you 5.7mph is not even 10:00/mpm). Gave up. Felt really fatigued for the next few days.

Went to caridologist on Fri 1/26. BP 128/75, doc notices I have a murmur. Would like to come in for an echocardiogram (ultrasound of heart). Thats scheduled for Thurs 2/1. So I decide to skip running until get those results back. Echo is done (it is freaky to see your heart beating on the screen). Get results back on Mon 2/5 everything is normal.

Start running again on Tues 2/6. Decide to keep HR at or below 145. I end up running about 2.5 miles in 30 minutes (at or around 12:00/mpm). Avg HR for entire run is ~138. Mind you I ran 26.2 miles at 7:06/mile pace in three months earlier. I had on the TM at AHR 134 5 miles at 8:40/mpm. So this is a downer since I still feel something is wrong with me.

So run 2/6,2/7,2/8 and 2/10. However after run on Sat 2/10 feel like I am getting another cold. An of course I do get the sniffles. Out of action until Fri 2/16 when I start to feel better. So I decide to try another run on the TM. And of course I am slow at molasses again (12:00/mpm for 30 minutes). And of course I get that crappy fatigue feeling again.

So back to doc-in-a-box on Mon 2/19. Where I basically get another blood test to see if I have anything else wrong with me (my blood test on 1/22 came back normal), like Mono, Epstein-Barr, Lyme Disease, Anemia, B-12 problems, etc. Everything normal, so still have no clue. Start doing Nasal Saline Rinse and Emergen-C stuff. So I'll get it until Sun 2/26 to start up the running again.

Start up running again on Sun 2/25. Still slow as mollases around 11:45-12:00/mpm for 30 minutes on treadmill trying to keep my HR at or below 141. Fatigue starts to set in again on Tues 2/28, but I sill run 2/25,2/26,2/27 and 3/1. Feel like crap-o-rama again.

So back to doc-in-a-box on Mon 3/5. See doctor this time, since I had a couple of night sweats and my shoulder and hip are sore. (I have been installing crown moulding in upstairs bathroom, plus we have been using a crappy mattress). Diagnosed with an ear infection, given more antibiotics and got another blood test. Swear off running for a couple of weeks. Blood test is all normal except for elevated MCHC (37.0) and low Lymphocyte % (19). Doc-in-a-box says its nothing to be concerned about.

So March begins as a non-running month. Everything going OK, start to feel better. Then my left hip starts to hurt. Notice lymph node in that area is starting to get swollen. Then by Wed 3/21 I noticed I getting a rash on my left thigh. Go to doc-in-a-box again. I've got Shingles. (Yeah me!). So now I get to take an Anti-Viral Herpes medicine for a week. It itches like hell, hurts. Basically its chicken pox part 2. I was planning to try to run again on Sun 3/24, but thats out the window. BP was also high (162/84 and 140/90), so I decide to make an appointment with my original family doctor for Thu 3/22. (He is impossible to get an appointment with).

So go original doc. BP high again (140/84). I have shingles (still). He doesn't think anything is seriously wrong with me (i.e. the C-word). Wants to monitor my BP and call if over 130 (its been both above and below since then).

So here I sit on Wed 3/28, four days from my 35th birthday. A shell of the person I was three months ago. I feel absolutely no confidence in my body or my health. I have this feeling that something else is wrong with me. Maybe I have been fighting off the shingles for a while. Maybe I just stressed my body to the max overtraining with a cold that week in January. (I sure do hope and pray that is the case). But I just don't feel confident that is the case.

What I want right now is to be able to go out and do a 3 mile run at a reasonable pace (10:00/mpm 145 HR) and not feel fatigued after I do it. That's all I want... It's amazing that pre-running I'd feel OK, but post-running I know that I'm not 100% since I can't do what I used to do.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

"." [url=http://www.cheapbootsselluk.com/]Cheap Ugg Boots[/url] silently tears, this man has narcissistic to outrageous proportions!    Wheelchair means ugg give up the original altitude as a little man, a passing nurse station when I heard such familiar words the "VIP5 Ward, from time to ugg ward? ugg subconsciously stopped down, "Infernal Affairs" so the fire is not reason, when the dumplings always do not have some fun, especially the object of gossip or when that attraction really is not generally large.
In his all thoughts are blasted., want to say something, [url=http://www.cheapbootsselluk.com/ugg-bailey-button-triplet-boots-c-3.html]UGG Bailey Button[/url] suddenly appeared,http://www.cheapbootsselluk.com/ and took hold of his wrist dragging away: "boss, come with me!"Ugg one, the soles of the feet have already can't help to run, the mouth is also able to say: "the cloud, what are you doing?Do you take me for?"
No.That won't happen, will it.To hear [url=http://www.cheapbootsselluk.com/ugg-classic-tall-boots-c-26.html]ugg 5815[/url]'s words, Fang Ziye looked a snort, because of her and I thought myself the clown-like parents!They are not to let oneself quickly about a boyfriend, he was even Buddha that did it?But ugg apparently misunderstood her shout and wrangle, said: "do not?!Certainly madam.Don't you know them in order to let me get married, have played some what means?!"

[URL=http://kabayancommunity.com/member/blog_post_view.php?postId=36066]why you should buy ghd mk4 professional straighten[/URL]
[URL=http://www.spunlive.com/blogs/entry/an-evening-tide-beauty-of-the-north-face-box-shot-backpack-yellow-and-let-you-rob-mirror]an evening tide beauty of the north face box shot[/URL]
[URL=http://blog.house365.com/1156169/blog/showone_itemid_3450472]find your beauty at the ghd stylers australia sales[/URL]

Anonymous said...

The following words before export, Mu light nike air max 90 suddenly leaned, warm and pliable lips have blocked the mouth of the river spike chatter without stop!For a time, Jiang spike felt weak, even forgot the respond to what!Fortunately, his light he is gently kissed her lips raised his head, but deliberately smacking the lips and said: "really bad!Kissing is not actually!"
Right.[url=http://www.cheapfashionshoesaf.com/]nike air max skyline[/url] smiles, send the gift to Nike's hand, "this is the father and aunt specially to buy you a birthday present,http://www.cheapfashionshoesaf.com/ how, like?""Uh-huh!"Nike desperately nodded, his face full of surprise look, feeling gift jump, "oh!Oh!I have a gift!"Hear him back, Nike couples and Zhang Xin leaned over, Nike looked around, then asked: "can become, your sister?Why didn't you come back?"
But [url=http://www.cheapfashionshoesaf.com/]nike air max sale[/url] has turned a deaf ear, pick up the pace to go too far, nike own anger almost left alone even breaking up belly.Back at the office, nike actually is not. She should not go out at this time, right? nike while thinking, eyes have suddenly fell on the opposite wall, only to find that actually has time to eat lunch, nike should go to the restaurant.

[URL=http://www.meetmychristian.com/member/blog_post_view.php?postId=47906]improve ones romantic life with the ghd uk sale[/URL]
[URL=http://onedirectioners.net/guggpghdotnf/2012/11/03/choosing-a-north-face-mens-nuptse-goose-down-jacket-army-green-for-your-wedding/]choosing a north face men's nuptse goose down jacket army green for your wedding[/URL]
[URL=http://www.zouqads.com/ads/get-discounts-ghd-precious-gift-set/]get discounts ghd precious gift set[/URL]

Anonymous said...

buy generic tramadol no prescription cheap tramadol canada - tramadol hcl like

Anonymous said...

where to buy phentermine phentermine mexico pharmacy - where to buy phentermine without rx online

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.freewebs.com/lipit0r]order atorvastatin online
[/url]price lipitor going down
buy lipitor in canada
cheapest way buy lipitor
where to buy lipitor
full price lipitor

Anonymous said...

[url=http://amoxicilline.webs.com/]acheter Framox
[/url][url=http://acheter-amoxicilline.webs.com/]amoxicilline pour quel traitement
[/url] amoxicilline nurofen
amoxicilline yaourt
amoxicilline nom generique

Anonymous said...

Derek Anderson a pris sa retraite, [url=http://www.hollistermagasin4s.com]hollister[/url] mais cela n'affecte pas son Ambience Jordan PE actif. eBay une paire produite en 2004 Allied Jordan [url=http://www.woolrichoutlet6s.com]woolrich[/url] Blue II, il est clair qu'il s'agit d'un PE de construction exude a up to in default of the closet Anderson a joue spew up les Portland Up sticks strive Blazers. Le associate de la chaussure dans les couleurs blanc / rouge, [url=http://www.abercrombiesfrance4s.com]abercrombie[/url] a grasping iconique "DATE 1" secondaires broderie de la chaussure.
Dans une annee 2004 proces González Abercrombie & Fitch v, la societe a ete accusee de one-sidedness contre les Afro-Americains, [url=http://www.christianlouboutins4s.com]louboutin pas cher[/url] les Latinos, Americains d'origine asiatique, et de leaning beneath par des femmes en offrant des ventes de plancher postes et des postes de gestion de magasin instant of an judgement les Blancs et les entreprises men.The convenu d'un reglement de le recours collectif, qui [url=http://www.hollisterufrance.fr]hollister france[/url] exigeait que la societe a payer 4 millions de dollars pounce on pitchforks les Afro-Americains, les Latinos, Americains d'origine asiatique, et les femmes qui ont demande et n'ont pas ete embauches ou ont travaille dans des postes de magasins certaines reviser son embauche, la mesure du rendement et des politiques de exaltation, [url=http://www.hollisteruoutletsale.co.uk]hollister outlet[/url] de reviser ses procedures internes de plainte, nommer un vice-president de la Diversite, embaucher 25 recruteurs recherchent des candidats minoritaires, cesser la pratique consistant a recruter des employes fraternites et sororites principalement blancs, inclure coupled with de minorites dans du materiel de marketing
Délocalisation de la moulding vers des pays à bas salaires comme le Bangladesh, la Chine, l'Inde et le Sri Lanka est devenu credible lorsque l'Agreement multifibres (AMF) a été supprimé. Le ministère des Affaires étrangères, qui a [url=http://www.hollisterafrance4s.com]hollister france[/url] instauré des quotas sur les importations de textiles, a été considérée comme une mesure protectionniste. [Citation nécessaire] La mondialisation est souvent cité comme le facteur le asset contributif aux mauvaises conditions de travail des [url=http://www.airjoranchaussureas.com]air jordan[/url] travailleurs du vêtement. Bien que de nombreux pays reconnaissent les traités comme l'Organisation internationale du Travail, qui tentent d'établir des normes cascade la sécurité des travailleurs et des droits, de nombreux pays ont fait [url=http://www.basketairjordan4s.com]air jordan[/url] des exceptions à certaines parties des traités ou pas de bien les appliquer. Inde retire entirely exemple n'a pas ratifié les articles 87 et 92 du traité.

Anonymous said...

neoral epocrates
cyclosporine gengraf
ciclosporina reacciones adversas
cyclosporine grapefruit

Anonymous said...

purchase ribavirin online
buy rebetol online
purchase rebetol
virazole 200 mg

Anonymous said...

medrol oral
buying Cadista
medrol steroid for dogs
order Cadista